Corned Beef Hash Waffle with Thyme Maple Syrup and Herb Compound Butter
2 lbs potatoes, peeled and shredded
1 onion, peeled and shredded
1 lb corned beef hash
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon flour
1 lemon, juiced
Salt and pepper
Thyme Maple Syrup Ingredients
2 cups maple syrup
4 sprigs fresh thyme
1 lb butter, left at room temperature for a minimum of 4 hours
1 tablespoon minced chives
1 tablespoon minced parsley
1 tablespoon minced thyme
1 lemon, zested
- Strain off excess water from the shredded potatoes and onions
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix by hand until everything is uniformly blended.
- Preheat waffle iron to medium heat and spray with non-stick spray.
- When the waffle iron is at temp, scoop ½ cup of the waffle mixture onto the iron and cook a test waffle. Check that the outside crisps until golden brown and that the inside is cooked through. Adjust temp and time as necessary.
- Cook off waffles and serve immediately with the herb compound butter and thyme infused maple syrup.
Thyme Maple Syrup
- Pour the maple syrup into a medium sized pot and add the thyme.
- Bring the syrup to a simmer and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the syrup and the thyme into a storage container. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
Herb Compound Butter
- For the butter to come together uniformly, the butter must be soft to the touch.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the herbs incorporate into the butter. If a food processor is not available, use a potato masher or work ingredients together by hand.
- Spoon the butter into parchment paper or plastic wrap and form into a log. Chill until hard. Slice and serve.