Corned Beef Hash Croquettes with Roast Garlic Aioli
Transform corned beef hash into these crispy croquettes packed with potatoes, hash and mozzarella cheese. Complete with a garlic aioli sauce.
Cook Time 25-30m | Ingredients 13 | Serves 4
3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
½ lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 lb corned beef hash (find our "corned beef hash" recipe here)
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper
3 cups panko bread crumbs
2 cups mayonnaise
1 clove garlic
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
Salt and pepper
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes and let them cool, about 45 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes, then mix in the cheese, corned beef hash, 2 beaten eggs, onion and garlic, powder, and eggs. Season to taste.
- Let the mixture cool in the refrigerator for another 30 minutes to help bind.
- Use a portion scoop or your hands to form ball shaped croquettes, about ¼ cup each.
- Crack the remaining eggs into a bowl and beat.
- Pour the panko break crumbs into another bowl.
- Dip 1 croquette into egg, letting the excess drip off, then roll in panko to coat.
- Heat a deep fryer to 350 degrees. Fry croquettes in batches, turning occasionally, until golden brown and hot throughout.
- Remove the croquettes from the fryer, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
- Heat your over to 350 degrees.
- Cut the top off a whole head of garlic. Pour olive oil over the top and wrap the head of garlic in aluminum foil. Bake until golden brown then let cool.
- Squeeze the roast garlic cloves out into a bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and whisk until full incorporated.
- Serve or keep in refrigerator until ready to use.